The Benefits of Mulch
So why should you add mulch to your landscaping? Well, adding mulch around plants, flowers, trees and shrubs helps improve the health of the soil, which will help all of your landscaping thrive. Homeowners use our residential mulching services to ensure their property looks great all year round. Whether you need tree mulching, flower beds, or other areas mulched, there are many benefits. Here are some of the benefit that adding mulch to your landscape will provide:
- It suppresses weeds.
- Helps improve soil moisture, which can prevent plants from drying out quickly.
- Reduces soil compaction and erosion.
- Helps regulate soil by protecting plants against extreme temperatures.
- Protect tree roots from damage caused by trimmers and mowers.
- Can add colour to your landscape and create an aesthetically pleasing, polished look.
- Breaks down into nutrient-rich material, during decomposition to provide nourishment for plants.
Types of Mulch
There are many types of mulch, but not all of them are appropriate for every landscape. Here is a list of the most commonly used types of mulch:
- Bark chips
- Grass clippings
- Cocoa hulls
- Wood shavings
- Pine Straw
While there are many benefits to adding mulch to your landscape, choosing the right one for your needs requires understanding the benefits of each one.. Our experienced team will choose the mulch that meets your needs and that is most beneficial for your specific landscape and region. Contact us to learn about the different types of mulch and how they can improve the look and health of your landscape.
Landscaping with mulch can do wonders for the trees and plants in your yard. But when to mulch depends on the type of mulch used, with some requiring maintenance to keep them looking fresh and effective all year long.
The following are some tips for maintaining mulch beds:
- Refresh mulch: The colour of mulch will naturally fade due to sun exposure and other factors. We recommend refreshing mulch every year by adding a thin layer to the top of the old mulch. In some cases, it’s beneficial to remove mulch and add a fresh, new layer.
- Control weeds: Mulch does suppress weeds, but aggressive weeds still have a way of poking through. When you see weeds, pull them before they produce seeds and take over your flower beds. If needed, we can provide weed control to your residential mulching services so you can avoid this back-breaking work!
- Mix it and turn it: It’s best to mix and turn mulch at least a couple of times a year. You can turn over mulch with a rake, small shovel, or by hand.
- Apply mulch twice a year: If you notice that weeds are appearing more frequently or the mulch layer is thin, adding more mulch will help.
Our Residential Mulching Service
Our mulching services include preparing the area and applying the mulch properly to ensure your landscape receives all the benefits mulch has to offer. Our experts have years of experience and know how to get the job done right. We back this up with our Neighbourly Done Right Promise™, which guarantees your satisfaction.
Custom Mulching Options
When it comes to landscaping with mulch, you have several options. We offer custom mulching that includes applying coloured mulch or installing mulch in specific patterns. Custom mulching is an excellent way to make your home stand out and spruce up your yard. Our experts will be happy to discuss mulch options that will help you create a custom look.
Why Choose Our Residential Mulching Services?
Keeping your home beautiful doesn’t have to take up all your time. The Grounds Guys can help with all your lawn care and landscape needs. In addition to residential mulching services, we offer landscape design and maintenance, snow and ice management, pest control, lawn seeding, and more! Our experts perform seasonal work and year-round services to keep your home looking its best all year long.
The Grounds Guys take pride in providing a team of experienced landscape professionals to maintain and beautify your yard. We use top-quality materials, arrive on time, and always leave your property looking better than we found it!
Get started by requesting a free estimate today!
Get started by requesting a free estimate! You can call us to set up service.