While everyone may desire the type of lawn that makes people stop and stare, not everyone is willing or able to put in the work to achieve and maintain it—particularly when the property in question is anything but small. A riding lawn mower is a perfect solution for anyone wanting to save time and energy caring for their yard while remaining comfortably seated behind the wheel. Once you've made the decision to upgrade from a push mower you can start looking for the perfect replacement, and The Grounds Guys® are here to help make that process a little easier with some valuable information that can assist you in your search.
The Pros and Cons of a Riding Lawn Mower
Regardless of which type of mower you choose your grass will continue to grow, and the best way to keep it looking its best is by selecting the right mower for the job. If you're considering upgrading to a riding lawnmower, consider the good and the bad before making your final decision.
- Time savings - Depending on which type and model you choose a riding mower can operate at speeds between four and eight miles per hour, and for larger areas, this can add up to significant savings in time.
- Ease of mobility - Anyone with mobility issues due to health concerns, injury, or age may benefit from this type of mower which requires little physical exertion or stress on joints.
- Comfort - High-quality mowers are designed with comfort in mind, with ergonomically correct seating and controls.
- Additional features - You may be able to use your riding lawn mower for additional tasks with add-ons that allow you to spread seed or fertilizer, dethatch your lawn, or even plow snow!
- Price - The price tag is high when compared with a standard push mower.
- Size - In addition to storage considerations, a riding mower may not be the best choice for yards where tight turns are required, or where it would need to fit through an inadequately sized opening.
- Learning curve - It may take a while for the user to adjust to operating a large, powerful machine, especially those that come equipped with dual level steering.
The Choice is Yours
Before you buy, there are factors to consider so you maximize your investment and increase your satisfaction. Different mower types are best-suited for a variety of conditions, size of the property, and intended use. Choose from the following:
Rear-Engine Riding Mower
Ideally suited for homes that are one acre or less, this mower has a smaller cutting deck and overall footprint than other types, making it easier to maneuver through tight spaces and store. The smaller price tag makes them attractive, but they won't break any records for speed and are designed for the sole purpose of mowing.
Front-Engine Lawn Tractor
With a larger cutting deck, powerful motor, and towing ability, this mower is perfect for those looking for a more comfortable ride, greater speed, and flexibility, although the higher price tag may be a deterrent
This high-performance option is better suited in professional applications, due to their higher cost, increased speed, and complexity of handling.
Let the skilled, experienced team of professionals at The Grounds Guys take the "work" out of your yard work, by scheduling routine landscaping and lawn care services guaranteed to keep your lawn healthy and vibrant all season long. Call us today at 888-972-8063 or contact us online to arrange for a free estimate or consultation for commercial or residential services.