For many people, fall is a time of vibrant hues in nature. Places that are usually gorgeous are even more breathtaking. This fall, pack up your family and take a road trip or hop on a plane to some of these beautiful destinations that are even prettier in person. Here are a few ideas of places to visit:
- The Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee: This quiet little town will make you feel right at home. It sits just a couple of miles from Great Smokey Mountains National Park. One of the best parts of the park is the wide variety of trees that you will see; they have oaks, maples and hickories to name a few. This destination is sure to be one of your favourites.
- Columbia River Gorge, Oregon: This gorgeous destination is perfect for a fall trip. The firs, cottonwoods, maples and pines help frame the gorgeous 64-metre waterfall that forms a natural border between Oregon and Washington. Mid-fall is the best time to visit.
- Lake Placid, NY: This upstate New York spot offers a picture perfect setting for seeing some beautiful fall foliage. Travel and Leisure calls this the number one place to visit for fall colours. Red maples, aspen and oaks are just a few of the trees that contribute to the stunning placid lake. During your mid- to late-fall travels, remember to bring warm clothes-it can get chilly!
- Lake Michigan’s Gold Coast, Michigan: This scenic drive is perfect for a fall foliage road trip. A beautiful view of fall leaves lasts for more than a hundred miles. During this drive, you will be able to see stunning views of Lake Michigan and maples, oaks, pines and firs.
- Aspen, Colorado: Most people know Aspen as a great winter destination; however, it is also a great fall getaway as well. With beautiful mountains surrounding the fall foliage, you are sure to love this place.
- The Bruce Peninsula, Ontario: The Bruce Peninsula is known for its beautiful fall foliage. One of the best places to see the colourful leaves is on the Bruce Trail, which is also great for hiking and seeing lots of trees as well.
- Fundy Coastal Drive, New Brunswick: This coastal drive offers rich views of the ocean and colourful foliage This drive is less crowded than some of the other locations in the New England area.
Contact The Grounds Guys to help with your fall lawn care and maintenance chores and get out there and explore!
For Further Reading: