How You Can Help on WeCARE Day
WeCARE Day is a day for volunteering for any cause that is meaningful to you. This day is one of the highlights of the year for our team members and each year we receive inspiration from the selfless spirit of giving put forth by all of the volunteers. There is no wrong way to get involved, and landscaping and lawn care services are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the positive change we want to make this WeCARE Day.
Below are just a few of the suggested service projects you can participate in:
- Window washing - Beautifying the outside of an organization's building is an uplifting service that can make them feel as though they are putting their best foot forward. Washing windows is something that can easily slip to the end of any organization's to do list as they focus their energy on helping the individuals they serve. Depending on the organization, washing all their windows could be an all-day team effort, or it could easily be paired with another suggested service project.
- Gardening - Gardening is a natural project for our expert landscapers at The Grounds Guys! Whether you are planting flowers, succulents, herbs, or some seasonal vegetables, be sure your charity of choice is on board with their upkeep and maintenance.
- Landscaping cleanup - Rejuvenating an organization's existing landscaping is a great place for your WeCARE Day service project to start. Blow out leaves, pull weeds, and remove debris and twigs to freshen up landscaping. A new layer of mulch and fertilization will boost the existing plants and get the soil ready for any additional landscaping your team plans to do.
- Yard cleanup - Raking leaves is a huge project as the summer turns into fall. Not only can falling leaves clutter landscaped greenspace, they litter parking lots and walkways that need to be clean, clear footpaths. Cleaning out gutters and drains go hand-in-hand with raking leaves. The leaves that never make it to the ground build up in gutters and cause drainage problems. These projects combined make for an extensive, all-day project that can turn into a regular giving opportunity because leaves are a never-ending problem during the fall.
- Cooking and serving meals - One of the most enduring ways to show care and support is by providing a meal for someone going through a crisis. Not only does it allow them to focus on the important situation at hand instead of the relatively trivial task of planning their next meal, but it also reminds them that you are part of their support network. Ronald McDonald House Charities is only one of many charities we encourage you to donate your time to this year. Find your local house to find out more about their individual meal prep and donation policies.
- Donating wish list items - Each Ronald McDonald House Charities house also has their own wish list program available. Find out about all the ways you can help donate, including pop tab collection, toy and food donation, and RMHC-branded Bank of America® Visa® credit or debit cards. An online group giving project is another way to raise money for wish list items while reaching a larger audience.
Join The Grounds Guys in Serving Your Community
We'd like to invite you to join us in a day of bulb planting, gardening, donating House Wish List items, and doing whatever else we can to help out with this great charity or any other worthy charity of your choosing. You can be a big part in contributing to the community.